The Scottish Journal of Performance is an open access refereed journal which aims to promote and stimulate discussion, development and dissemination of original research, focusing both on performance in Scotland (contemporary and historical) and / or wider aspects of performance presented by scholars and reflective practitioners based at Scottish academic institutions.
The Scottish Journal of Performance is an open access journal, which means that all content is freely available without charge to users or institutions. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles in this journal without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access. The Scottish Journal of Performance does not charge authors for publication at any time.
Published bi-annually and run by doctoral students, the Scottish Journal of Performance welcomes submissions from both established and early career researchers and operates a peer review system ensuring presentation of quality research in performance.
Performance in this context encompasses a wide range of arts and entertainment and takes as central themes dance, drama, film, music and television. The Scottish Journal of Performance takes as a key focus the creation and execution of performance in various contexts, encouraging the adoption of a wide range of range of research methods and approaches.
- Co-editor: Kirsty Kay (University of Glasgow)
- Co-editor: Benjamin Redman (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland)
- Web Editor: Lucy Hollingworth (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland)
- Review Editor: Flavia D’Avila (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland)
- Copy Editors: Kate Sagovsky (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland), Jill Dye (University of Stirling), Maryam Siddiq (Glasgow School of Art), Carolina Silveira (University of West of Scotland)
Editorial Advisory Board
- Professor Stephen Broad (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland)
- Professor Anna Birch (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland)
- Wendy Timmons (University of Edinburgh)
- Dr Sophia Lycouris (University of Edinburgh)
Former Team Members
- Bede Williams, Co-editor, 2015–’16
- Thomas Butler, Journal Manager/Web Editor, 2012–’15
- Katya Ermolaev, Review Editor, 2012–’15
- Ben Fletcher-Watson, Co-editor, 2012–’15
- Ralph Strehle, Review Editor, 2012–’15
- Bethany Whiteside, Co-editor, 2012–’14
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.